Research & Development Director
NXL Creator of Natural Additives, Division of DCL Nutrition + Animal Health, Leader in the Distribution of Nutritional Products and Animal Health. Used by breeders, mills, pre-mixers, as well as veterinary clinics and pharmacies.
DCL markets a complete and varied range of the highest quality non-medicinal food additives, such as enzymes, probiotics and acidifiers. DCL / NXL also designs, manufactures and markets natural additives based on essential oils. Specially designed for use in boiled water and feed in the pork, poultry, ruminant and calf industry.
NXL / DCL nutrition + animal health, is recognized for its dynamism, its know-how and its understanding of the specific needs of its customers. To maintain its leading position and continue its development, NXL / DCL relies on a team of competent and motivated specialists.
In order to attract and retain the best talent, the company offers favorable conditions, including competitive total compensation (salary and benefits), flexible hours and a very stimulating work environment. NXL / DCL promotes the professional and personal growth of its employees. Its head office is located in St-Hyacinthe, a region that offers a perfect balance between urban vitality and the calm of the countryside
1) Technical development of products :
Applied Research: which allows the research, the development and the industrialization of techniques and innovating products thanks to:
- A versatile testing laboratory for the formulation and development of new products (solid and liquid) and the conduct of optimization studies of existing products
- A pilot plant: which allows to define, the implementation of new raw materials and the manufacture of new products;
Propose the lines of research for new products
- Pilot and coordinate the technical development of products
- Develop formulas for new products
- Participate in the definition of product ranges
- Set up and follow product and study tests
- Propose product improvements
- Ensure the respect of the R&D planning
- Coordinate the research, development / formulation and internal test subjects (trainee, etc.)
- Manage the budget of R&D
- Ensure the writing of technical supports (arguments, texts, portfolio, PowerPoint presentation, etc.), for new products and for existing products
- Write the government R&D report
- Manage databases of technical information
- Ensure the link between R&D and all other services
- Analyze market expectations
- Coordinate product development meetings
2) Support of sales teams
- Propose and ensure the setting up of internal and external training
- Technically support sales teams during presentation or referencing meetings and trade shows in Canada and internationally.
In parallel, and on a daily basis, the Director of R&D ensures and guarantees the marketing of products adapted to both agronomic and regulatory aspects. He also drafts the texts of each product and manages the databases of technical information.
The candidate holds a Ph.D. in Animal Sciences or a Masters in Animal Science (M.Sc.) and has a minimum of 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position. In addition, the Director of Research and Development has a good listening, good communication, a good sense of organization and planning. Bilingualism as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office software is essential.
HOW TO APPLY?
If you believe that the challenge offered by our organization interests you, please send your resume by June 29, 2018 to the email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or by mail to the following address:
DCL Nutrition Santé Animale,
6340 Boulevard Choquette,
St-Hyacinthe, Québec, Canada